These guides do not in any way represent legal advice.
All guides are produced as a 'layperson' and 'informed friend'.
  Our Divorce Guide  
Video Coming Home  
What is the acknowledgement of service?
  Previous Video: How do I apply for Divorce?
Next Video: What is the Decree Nisi?  

The acknowledgement of service Form D10.

If you have any questions about your case please contact us at www.mckenziefrienduk.net on 01420 370770 for a FREE 1 hr consultation.

It is almost impossible to find the D10 Form on the internet because the ones the respondent receives are personalised and has the court stamp on it. It would be a contempt of court to publish your D10.

However, we can tell you the main qustions which you will need to answer on the form.

1. Have you received the petition for divorce delivered with this form?

1a. Are there any proceedings continuing in any country outside England and Wales

which relate to the marriage or are capable of affecting its validity or substance? If so,

please provide the following information:

(a) particulars of the proceedings, including the court in or tribunal or authority before

which they were begun,

(b) the date when they were begun,

(c) the names of the parties,

(d) the date or expected date of any trial in the proceedings, and

(e) such other facts as may be relevant to the question whether the proceedings on the petition should be stayed under Article 11 of the Council Regulation.

1b) In which country are you –

(a) habitually resident?

(b) Domiciled?

Of which country are you a national?

1c) Do you agree with the statement of the petitioner as to the grounds of jurisdiction set out in the petition? If not, state the grounds which you disagree with the statement of the petitioner.

2. On which date and at what address did you receive the petition?

3. Are you the person named as the Respondent in the petition?

4. Do you intend to defend the case?

5. In the case of a petition alleging adultery, do you admit the adultery?

6. Even if you do not intend to defend the case do you object to paying the costs of the proceedings? If so, on what grounds?

7. }Have you received a copy of the Statement of Arrangements for the child(ren)?